There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Cannabase Account and giving us feedback on the things you like and dislike, we can make those services even better.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – we collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Cannabase Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a Cannabase Profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by Cannabase, we may automatically collect and store certain information. This may include:details of how you used our service
- Internet protocol address: device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information: When you use a location-enabled Cannabase service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device.
- Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Cannabase and our users.
When you contact Cannabase, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Cannabase unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cannabase when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators: If your Cannabase Account is managed for you by an account administrator (for example, for Cannabase Marketplace Employee users) then your account administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Cannabase Account information (including your messages and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- View statistics regarding your account
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Access or retain information stored as part of your account
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings
For legal reasons: We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cannabase if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cannabase, our users or the public as required or permitted by law
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Information security: We work hard to protect Cannabase and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to Cannabase employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities